|Forum Home > Local Job Announcements > Emulsion Polymer Plant Operator in Graham, NC|
We are looking for a well-rounded and cross-trainable Emulsion Polymer Plant Operator to join our team at a new manufacturing facility being built in Graham, NC. We are a German family owned startup U.S. Company. Responsibilities include operation of production vessels, unloading of raw materials, packaging of finished products, preparing and maintaining process records, and sampling and quality testing. The plant operator will also participate in regular team, shift and safety meetings and training sessions and mandatory overtime as determined.
Our Ideal Candidate:
* Demonstrates and promotes a safe demeanor with regard to self, co-workers, and manufacturing systems, with attention to quality and productivity.
* Comes with experience, and develops and maintains a sound understanding of plant operations. Has a broad knowledge of production processes, equipment troubleshooting, equipment operation, packaging procedures, and process industry health and safety practices.
* Has strong analytical and troubleshooting skills. Is a quick study who pays attention to detail.
* Basic mechanical aptitude and a sound mathematics understanding which includes the ability to calculate percents, ratios, unit conversions, averages, as well as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
• Associate certificate/2 years of college or equivalent would be a plus.
• 4+ years of experience as a polymer, chemical process, food and beverage industry or pharmaceutical operator would be an asset.
• Local candidates preferred (no relocation package available)
• Operating experience using process automation systems would be a plus.
• EHS & Quality training desired, hazardous materials training desired.
• This job requires the periodic use of a respirator. Proper fit of the respirator will require the employee to be clean shaven.
• Good interpersonal skills, mathematical aptitude, mechanical/technical skills, and logical problem solving ability.
• Good verbal and written communication.
• Familiar with Microsoft Office and associated programs
• Ability to work independently in a safe and timely manner is necessary.
Please email resume to [email protected]