|Forum Home > Local Job Announcements > Chemistry Faculty - Rockingham Community College|
Position: Chemistry Faculty
Location: Rockingham Community College
Academic Division/Department: Arts and Sciences/Science & Technology
Term of Employment: 9-month; full-time Revised May 2016
Supervisor - Department Chair, Science & Technology Classification Faculty; Exempt
Job Summary - Provide instruction in Chemistry courses; develop instructional and evaluation materials; advise and register students; serve on college committees; participate in appropriate college functions; select, requisition and maintain sufficient supplies and equipment to support chemistry instruction; and serve as resource person for the Arts and Sciences Division.
1. Prepare and teach assigned courses in accordance with course outlines and published course schedule.
2. Teach courses on and off campus as well as distance courses as needed.
3. Test and evaluate student performance and maintain accurate records for student progress and attendance.
4. Prepare, review, and update course syllabi and provide a copy to students and the Office of Academic Affairs.
5. Participate in development, implementation and evaluation of curriculum to include outcomes assessments.
6. Assist in student recruitment, advising, and registration.
7. Post and maintain a minimum of 5 office hours weekly, for advising and academic counseling.
8. Mentor adjunct instructors as assigned.
9. Serve on college committees and participate in curriculum advisory meetings.
10. Requisition and maintain instructional supplies and textbooks, and equipment.
11. Participate in on-campus and off-campus activities including graduation.
12. Provide and evaluate instruction and instructional material as required.
13. Submit all college reports in an accurate timely fashion.
14. Attend college, faculty, and divisional/departmental meetings.
15. Participate in professional development opportunities.
16. Prepare, set up and dismantle instructional activities as needed.
17. Maintain the chemistry laboratory equipment and supplies.
18. Maintain a safe, secure environment in classrooms and laboratories.
19. Serve as a resource to the Science Department Chair on matters such as course and schedule development, strategic planning, search committees, and other general departmental, division and college activities.
20. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and others.
21. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Education Master’s degree in Chemistry or closely related field with 18 or more graduate hours in Chemistry.
Knowledge and Skills
Two years of successful college level teaching experience.
Excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills. Computer skills including word processing applications and software course management systems.
Physical Demands Must be physically able to perform job duties.
PhD degree in Chemistry or closely related field with 18 or more graduate hours in Chemistry.
Experience teaching online or hybrid science courses.
Community college teaching experience.
This position description covers the most essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisory personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.